Thursday, July 30, 2015

Diabetes and Heart Disease

Although heart disease is entirely different from Type 2 diabetes, there are some similarities between these two diseases. Here are some of those similarities:

Risk factors: Poor diet, lifestyle, high blood pressure, ethnicity.

Nutrient deficiencies: Vitamin D, Vitamin C.

Blood cells affected: Red blood cells.

Blood vessels affected: Diabetes is a macrovascular disease that affects the larger arteries. Diabetes is also  a microvascular disease that affects the smaller arteries (i.e. capillaries).

Immune system weakened: More frequent infections.

Fatigue: Diabetes blocks glucose entry into cells so cells can't produce ATP. In heart disease, the heart muscle has to work harder and may get tired.

Nutritional needs: Both diseases require superior nutrition to fight the disease and change the body's biochemistry.

Blood glucose control is important for both diseases. Ideally, your average fasting blood glucose should be 80 to 99 mg/dL.

Inflammation: at the cellular level fuels both diseases and causes major cellular damage.

Oxidation:  at the cellular level fuels both diseases and causes major cellular damage.

Damage to multiple organs.

Cellular healing slowed down or prevented.

Alternative treatments not recognized or supported.*

*Author's Note: During my recovery from a near-death diabetic coma, my endocrinologist told that nutrition is not powerful enough to manage and control my diabetes. My endocrinologist told me that it would be impossible for me to wean off the 4 daily insulin shots. In fact, he said, that within a few years, I would be taking more insulin than the 60-70 units of Humalog and Lantus that I was currently.

After I changed my diet and weaned off the insulin, my endocrinologist told me that I was in denial and that I would be back on insulin within 3 months ... That was over 10 years ago ...

FYI: Here is a video of me talking about my endocrinologist and his belief that I was in denial of my diabetes:

2 comments:

Bunty Roy said...

What an wonderful post. Very nice to read. I very much appreciate the way you have provided extremely useful information about the relationship between diabetes and heart disease. These days people in general are extremely concerned about diabetes and always on the lookout for an effective solution. Recently I came across a book called "The 7 Steps to Health and the Big Diabetes Lie". Trust me the book practically breaks hundreds of myths related to the disease and provides an effective solution. I have found it extremely useful and effective. Maybe you can also read it out at once.

karla said...

Shocking new scientific research uncovered how to treat the root cause of diabetes. Doctors at the International Council for Truth in Medicine have perfected these diabetes treatment methods. Watch the video here: https://thebigdiabetes-lie.com

In 16 days, patients insulin dosages were reduced by over 57%
A few weeks later, 96% of patients were able to stop ALL diabetes drugs and injections.
Blood sugar normalized, insulin sensitivity increased and neuropathy pain went away.
They've already helped over 17,542 type 2 diabetics end the need for prescription drugs, insulin injections and blood sugar monitoring.